Photobucket

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Little Guy High in The Sky/Random Things

So First I am dedicating the month of July to my nephew Brian Mince Jr, who would have been turning 4 this month. Jennifer's pregnancy with Brian seemed normal until the day he was born. He was born blue and had to be resuscitated to breathe. He fought very hard. Unfortunately, Brian was born with CDH. Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. It is a very serious complication when children are born with this type of defect. So when he was born blue, and the team began CPR they ruptured his only lung that was working correctly. When a child has CDH, which ever side of the body it occurs on, the lung usually does not develop and pushes the other organs around it upward. So this month I am dedicating to him and his family. His mother Jennifer has been so strong and such an inspiration in my life. When we found out about mia she was there with us. Supporting us at 110 percent. I want to take up a collection so that this year we can add something special to Brian Jr's resting place. Please contact me if you are interested. It would mean so much to Jennifer and the Snyder-Mince Family as well. I found this poem and I thought it fit perfectly, so this is what I want to get:

These are my footprints, so perfect and so small. These tiny footprints,never touched the ground at all.
Not one tiny footprint, for now I have wings. These tiny footprints were meant for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints, in the patter of the rain. Gentle drops like angels tears, of joy and not from pain.
You will see my tiny footprints, in each butterflies lazy dance. I’ll let you know I’m with you, if you give my just a chance.
You will see my tiny footprints, in the rustle of the leaves. I will whisper names into the wind, and call each one that grieves.
Most of all, these tiny footprints, are found in Mommy’s heart,cause even though I’m gone now, we’ll never truly part.
Mommy, Daddy, Manda and Austin please don't be sad at all, I fly high in the sky standing so tall.
This view of you is much better than from my hospital bed, until we meet again, I think that is enough said.

We love you guys so much and as death looks us into the face everyday know with Mia we truly know what you went through.There is not a day we do not think of him.

Sweet Dreams Brian Nicholas Mince Jr.~

Random Thoughts of this week:

I am actually knocking on wood as I tell you this!! I think the Zegerid is actually working! She has started to eat way better. Not sure if it is the formula, medicine, the nap nanny but who cares. She seems to be making a turn for the better. We have a cardiology appointment on Thursday so I will update on that later.

Since the twins were born, Ray and I got to have our first night out with no kiddos!!! Yay! Even though I missed them dearly. Aunt Stacy came and watched them. I truly enjoyed myself and realized that I do need to get out more often. Being a recluse does not help the situation with Mia. I Enjoyed meeting my new friends!

This weekend is such a fun filled weekend for us! We have my dear Amanda's 7th birthday and my Little Diva Evie's 3rd birthday also followed by a Cooper get together. I am so excited! I cannot wait to catch up with all of my friends and family. This will be the first time since about March i am seeing all of them!!! I really miss all of them so very much.

Well I was able to sneak out awhile last week to get my hair done along with a mani and pedi and go see Eclipse. I am so mad that they have not started filming breaking dawn yet. DEPRESSING. I do believe that the movie, which I heard is broken into 2 movies is going to be filmed in New Orleans..well some of it anyways. I did enjoy myself very much though it would have been better to have had some company but it was not planned.

I wanted to talk a bit about the Nap Nanny. If your baby is having reflux related issues or colic this baby is awesome. I have only had it since Saturday morning and I have no idea how I have made it these past few weeks without it. Thanks so much April, you are a lifesaver! Everyone NEEDS one. They are a bit pricey but sooooo worth it.

Well we have been receiving bills almost everyday from CHOP. I bet you would not believe the prices of some of these things. Some of you have been asking where the fundraiser money is going so here goes: When the government decides that your family income is too high...I am being sarcastic as I say this...you gets NOTHING!! So we are on our own. My bill alone after insurance deductions is 13,042.98...nice huh. We are so very fortunate to have the friends we have that have been throwing us little fundraisers here and there to help out. You really have no idea what it is like to be placed in that situation until you are. Mia's bill came in at a whopping 245,000 and Maddens after insurance is 7,000. So Mia needs her glenn coming up in September and we will have to be making a large payment for that to happen. Yes, We made about 24,000 at the big fundraiser at metro however, you see how far that will take us.

The next fundraiser is on July 24, 2010 at southshore tavern on Williams boulevard. Please come!!! It is being thrown by Pablo Sanchez, Tara Surrency and Megan Knipper...thanks Guys! It will be loads of fun! We need lots of help so please come out and help us!

The song of the day is "my Wish" by rascal flatts. Make sure to listen when I post the video! Love you guys and thanks again for following our journey! Pray!

1 comment:

  1. This entry made me cry! I would like to help in any way to give Brian something special on his resting place. You can email me at tabzschloegel@gmail.com or you can just messeage me on facebook, i'm on your list.

    Do you have anymore details on the next fundraiser for Mia on the 24th?


    Tabetha

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones