Photobucket

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mia Grace aka Rockstar Mia or the Little Diva.....

So as I sit here tonight after spending endless days and nights at the hospital I have no clue where to start. Have you ever looked at your child and wondered if you would ever see them again? Well I have, last Wednesday to be exact. When we met with Dr. Spray that morning it was all doom and gloom. He said she was small and the larger babies generally recover better. 1 and 1/2 hours later there he was in front of me telling me she did exceptionally well and her heart anatomy looked great. He said he decided to put a sano shunt instead of the b-t shunt for Mia. He said he felt better about the situation and that he felt it would benefit her condition in the long run. As i took my first look at her, I was completly heartbroken. These babies are born fighters. The night before Mia's surgery Ray and I went to get some dinner to clear our minds before we were faced with the surgery and to just spend some good quality time with Cole. While we were waiting for our table, I overheard a couple behind us arguing over who was going to change thier babies diaper. I wanted so badly to yell and scream at them. How dare they...I wish I had Mia there to change her even if it was a million times. I see differently now. I can see that people fail to realize how fortunate they really are and how the lord has blessed them in life. Dealing with Mia's condition has changed me 360 degrees as a person. I use to take everything for granted. Every minute with Mia gives me the strength I need. God has truly blessed Ray and I with this child. I feel in my heart she is here to make a difference because he knew I would fight it straight on for her. As I roll down the hall to the Operating Room, a million thoughts crossed my mind. When I heard her cry I knew she had been sent here for a reason. I want to spend every minute with her because already I feel like she is such an amazing person. We are one week post op today. They have already moved her to the step down unit as of yesterday. Just looking at her gives us hope. We have met and became so close with some of the bravest and nicest people you would ever want to meet. I have gotten to meet all of my heart moms from facebook that guided me throughout my pregnancy. They were actually trying to discharge us tommorrow. I told them I was not ready. I feel like I need a few more days to get to know Mia. After all I was not taking care of her full time. There is so much to learn. They keep telling us that she truly is a rockstar and she looks great for a baby with hlhs. The pregnancy was so hard on us because we really had no idea what to expect from her. It was a huge blessing to be able to have our family here for support as well. The people we have met remiend us just how strong we are and how strong we have become. So when I sit here and think of Mia as I type this update, I remember that god has sent us this miracle for several reasons that are clearly identified. I am so nervous to take her home but at the same time I am overjoyed because we were unsure if that would ever happen. So as I sit here tonight thanking god for everything he has given us I remember just how powerful prayer is. If you get a chance take a look at the pictures on facebook under the group hlhs heart hugs for mia or under my personal page jennifer cordes marrone. Please continue to pray for her through this complex journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones